Monday, April 23, 2012

Second Time Around


"The second time around". I couldn't have come up with a better  title, I don't think, for the thrift day I had on Saturday. Not only is it a metaphor for the repurchasing of thrift items, but it's basically how I found things in the store. When I went into the Webster Savers on Saturday I wasn't really in a mood to be there. We had just run there to make a donation, and do some grocery shopping but decided to stop in. The weather was rainy, windy, cold and I just couldn't seem to shake sleep off, but we were there so why not? I went up and down all the rows, barely looking, and didn't see anything I had to have. I even got three rows into the linens before I found a sheet I couldn't resist having. This is completely unusual for me.
I was ready to leave, but for some reason decided to make one last round again. Well all I can say is WOW!! Good thing I did. I found $35.00 worth of new to me treasures. Most of them for me and not the store too, which is how it's been working lately. 
I can't wait to show you.


This ceramic box is Italian. It's in my favorite colors. I have to admit that I have an identical one already, that I've owned for almost 15 years, so I wasn't about to leave this one behind.


These California Pottery Trays came off of a lazy Susan, but again they were in my favorite color green. $1.99 for all of them! I think they will be great to hold snacks, or for fondue dipping items.


They stack for easy storgage.


This vintage sheet was the only thing I found the first trip around. I've had this sheet before, that I've cut into quarter fats for the store, but this time I think it might be made into a wrap dress I just bought a pattern for.


 A vintage wooden Jack and Jill switch plate. This cleaned up really nicely and aside from some little chips of paint, it's very sweet. It's slated to go on my store.



Another Madonna! I've found this one before too, but this one is smaller. I think I'll be keeping her, and putting the larger one on the store. I plan to spray paint mine when the weather is decent again enough to do painting.


And Now, my last two and most FAVORITE items discovered.... A brand new WOK complete with handle, cover and chop sticks. It's NEVER BEEN USED!! $7.99


 AND......wait for it!........


The mother of all Fondue Pots! This lovely thing I found in two individual areas in the store. The pots and forks were wrapped up and tapped for $4.99, and the burner-lazy Susan w/ glass containers was in another area for $9.99. I asked if they would combine the price and they did! $12.00. I've been sending the message out to the universe that I wanted a fondue pot for months now, and of course because I bought a smaller vintage one off of Etsy, it sends me this one. We'll I'm keeping it! I love it so much. It doesn't look like it's ever been used, and the only problem was the tape from the store I had to soak off. So now I just have to plan the party, and yes, I will be reselling the vintage fondue pot I already have.


What did you find this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment