Monday, June 11, 2012

Thrifted Fabrics: Sustainable Resource + Addiction = Overwhelmed


That's right! I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am a self proclaimed fabric whore!!!

What is wrong with me?

Really I think there needs to be a support group for this sort of thing. I have spent a lifetime collecting fabric that I hoped to get around to sewing with, and now it's everywhere in my studio.

When I'd get to the cutting counter they would ask me what are you making, and I'm sad to say that a long time ago I just started saying I was collecting it. It's so bad there's no where left to store it anymore, and what's even worse I still keep buying it! I really think I do need an intervention. I know my friends will say, "but you have a good eye!" but this has bordered on ridiculous. What's a girl to do?


I'll tell you exactly what a girls to do! Sell it! Slowly but surely the studio is losing weight. Fabric is being sorted, washed, cut, re-evaluated, made into whatever I can make up quickly and the rest is getting listed for resale. I made pretty good progress this weekend with listing stuff, so be sure and check it out if your interested in this kind of thing. There's some pretty unique stuff that got listed.


Quarter Fats from Vintage Bed Linens

Vintage Chenille Towels

Fabric Yardage from Vintage Bed Linens

No comments:

Post a Comment