Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thrift Art


I must admit here that one of my favorite weekday lunch time habits is to peruse the Amvets Thrift store down the road from work with my good friend and co-worker Kristie. She is extremely patient with me as I wander the numerous rows of sheets, linens and curtains. On this particular day I wandered out of the linens and into a back corner of the store I seldom check since an hour at a thrift store is sometimes not enough, and I found this lovely print hanging from a hanger with clips. They were trying to keep it from getting damaged. This print is numbered and on a very heavy weight cotton paper. The colors are bright and cheerful, and the price was only $2.99. I'd been feeling like our front foyer needed something new for some time so I grabbed it. I have a stockpile of metal frames in the studio, that I have also found in my thrift store wanderings, so it was pretty easy to just trim it to size and put into the frame. $2.99 and 15 minutes of framing, and the foyer has a new bright spot. It's just like you are looking out a window on a summers day! Pretty, don't you think?

1 comment: