Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Finds


I had so much fun this weekend spending a few hours thrifting again, and although I have far more to list on the store than I can get to at the moment, I'm still shopping. I've been primarily looking for fun objects for the new apartment. I couldn't have asked for better with our stops this weekend.

I was hoping to find some sort of cabinet that would work well in the apartment which had a cool mid-century mod type feel. I realized that I was going to spend money when there was an abandoned one in my garage at the old house. It needs lots of love and attention, but it's nothing I can't handle. It will eventually have a wine rack for mums wine, and glasses. She currently only has one lonely wine glass, and although I don't drink, I suspected it might be nice if someone who was over to have a glass too. I've been looking for glasses that looked just like the one she had, and on my trip to St. Leo's in Hilton, I found four for 1.00 each. The trick was to get out of the shop without the cashier lady breaking them. It was touch and go for a few minutes. I also found a vintage syrup jar (1.00), 4 yellow stacking bowls (2.00), a glass tray (1.00) and a red candle holder (1.25 (for Susan)).



We went from there to an estate sale that was a complete dud, but I left with a 1950's cork screw (1.00 (to go with the wine glasses)), and a miniature hat stand jewelry holder (2.00), that will be used for my craft table displays.


Our last stop was to Antiques and Old lace, a very crammed, dirty antique store. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting out without breaking something because the booths are hardly big enough to get into, but I found some fun stuff. I managed to come home with one half of a kokeshi doll (5.00), a single nesting doll (5.00 (missing her mates)), a wooden mushroom (3.00), a heart shape cookie cutter (1.00), and the frame from an old lamp (1.00).



All in all this weekend was pretty productive. We even managed to get into the store on lake avenue that is never open when we go by. I found two wooden peace signs to hang in the apt.(2@1.00), and a shell for Satan's tank (free).  All in all it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment