Monday, February 20, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again...sort of.

(4" Dala Horse .99 cents)

I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog posting. Last year, 2011, was a horrible year, and I spent most of it, sleeping, on medication, unable to walk. It was no fun. I'm slowly getting back up to speed, but slowly is the key word. Even though I have a whole year worth of back work, and commissions to catch up on, I feel like I'm starting to get back into the saddle.

Mums and I have been able to make some runs to thrift store and such, but she's doing much better with her online store than I am. I just haven't been able to get to listing anything. Every time I go down into the new studio space I walk past a table stacked with fabric, and other treasures that need to be listed. I've done my best with recent excursions to thrift stores to not buy anything else I need to list. I already have enough. Most of my thrifting has been for the apartment, and that's been fun, figuring out what we need and seeing if I can get it at a reduced cost vs. buying it brand new. It seems to be working. I'll be starting to post some of those finds here soon, so stay posted.

Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about the Dala horse above. I'd told my mums that I'd been looking for one, and at a thrift store we stopped at in Henrietta, I wander the entire thing with no fun finds to my name. When I came up to her, she handed me this little guy. He was only .99 cents. Well of course I had to have him. He's only 4" high, and the girl at the register called him a "little donkey thing". When we got to the truck I looked them up online to show my mother that this little guy could be re-sold for up to $16.00. She swears now that if she ever finds a "little donkey thing" again, she'll be keeping it for herself to resell. I'm pretty sure I won't get away with this type of thing again. :)
Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment