Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wood and Brass Sailboats


It's been a long time since I last attempted to blog, but it's been a very long year for me. Five months of excruciating back pain lead to surgery to remove a disc fragment a week ago from my siatic nerve. No fun. I finally had a chance today to sit for a little while and be productive. I got some things listed on my store, had two sales and even managed to get here for a little post. I seem to have piles of things that are photographed and waiting to be listed on my store, so I'm sharing two of my favorites here. My little sailboat finds. The first are a set of really neat 1950's mod sailboat book ends. The sails actually turn slightly from left to right. I just couldn't resist them, and I'm trying not to keep them for myself. I absolutely love the water, and sneak down to the lake alot when the water is warm to watch the sailboats on the horizon.
The second is the little brass sailboat below. It's only about six inches tall or so, but it's super sweet. I found earlier this year at different estate sales. They are just so much fun!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just found your lovely blog, I'll be adding a link back to you soon! After collecting Nautical items for my bathroom I always pick up boat themed items at the thrift/estate sales... I'm so tempted to pick up those bookends from you, they're so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. One of these days when I tackle my fabric, I will definitely come to you with questions. One that comes to mind now...when you sell a sheet fat quarter...do you just sell 1? or bundles? Or a variety pack bundle?
    Thanks!!
    ps-love the brass sailboat especially!!

    ReplyDelete